Cubs prospect Jorge Soler made his professional debut Thursday night, and it was covered by ESPN writer Keith Law and MLB.com writer Jesse Sanchez. Their reactions (and others) are below (click the images to see the pictures):
- CSN Chicago’s Patrick Mooney talked to the Cubs’ head of scouting and player development Jason McLeod about Soler.
- 56th overall pick in this year’s draft Paul Blackburn started the game (link is to the box score). Dan Vogelbach (2nd rounder from 2011), Trevor Gretzky (7th/2011), and Shawon Dunston, Jr. (11th/2011) played in the game as well.
- The Cubs’ first round pick from this year, Albert Almora, was at the game as well and took batting practice. He should start playing in games soon.
- Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com wrote about how Soler and Almora are getting along and their path to the major leagues.
- Soler finished the night 0-3.